1. I am related to George Washington. I know that everyone says that, but seriously I am. My mom’s maiden name is Washington and our family has one of his four pistols.
2. I used to plan all the special events for Books-A-Million and met a long list of famous authors and celebrities in that gig — Pat Conroy (my favorite), Nora Roberts, Paula Deen, John McCain, Joel Osteen, Patricia Cornwell, and Lou Holtz – just to name a few.
4. I love to take road trips. Mostly because they area great excuse for me to sing and do dramatic interpretation of songs. One of my many talents. Seriously, you should see me do it sometime — I am fantastic.
5. This is embarrassing but I prefer really cheesy television that is designed for teenage girls. ABC Family Channel Movies, Gossip Girl, 90210, and One Tree Hill are a few of my favorites. I know I need to get a grip…I am 32, not 13.
6. My older sister, Marcie, pushed me off a ski lift when I was in elementary school. I was unharmed, but I am not convinced that she was trying to off me.
7. I dream of someday being called “sporty.” Probably a more honest adjective is “gluttonous” but someday “sporty.”
8. Confession – I pooped in the shower at camp. Before your imagination runs away with you, I was in First or Second Grade but still I knew better, which is why lied about it. I tend to blurt out this confession when the mood is somber and typically get a good laugh.
9. I used to tell people that once we met & hung out with Rob & Chad Lowe on a ski trip. My sister had to tell me a few years ago that this was only a figment of my overactive imagination. I had no idea. Ever since them I am a little reluctant to trust my “memory.”
10. I have the cutest nieces in the world – Macon (6) is beyond her years, Anne Shelton (4) has this sassy spunk that they should bottle and sell, and Kate (1) has these CHEEKS that make you grin from ear to ear. They live in Raleigh, NC and I miss them terribly.
11. My goddaughter Sarah Trammell (9) rocks! I am loving watching her transform from a little girl to a teenager.
13. Sometimes I snort when I laugh. Not very attractive, but true.
14. My favorite food is Risotto, any kind of Risotto.
15. I usually order my meals based on what sides accompany the meat (mashed potatoes, grits, pomme frites, etc.)
16. I think I look really cool in this green wig that I have stolen from a friend.
17. The thing I miss most about living in Texas (besides my amazing friends and family) is Mexican food. Hands down, the Mexican food.
18. I wish there was a place for cool thirty-somethings to square dance. I would SO be there.
19. I have incredible friends in my life. I have collected them from every period of life (high school, college, Birmingham, and now Nashville) and feel so privileged to call each of them “friend.”
20. I think that Ben Harper wrote “Walk Away” as a special lesson just for me. Haven’t learned it yet, but working on it.
21. I sometimes go a whole month without going to the grocery store.
22. I am running the Country Music Half Marathon with Powered by Hope. Maybe this will help with #7?
23. I am addicted to my blackberry. Isn’t admitting your problem the first step to recovery?
24. I lose my debit card ALL THE TIME. Seriously, I think I have already misplaced it twice this year. Regions Bank sends me like 3 at a time.
25. My dog, Molly, is the best dog ever. If I really think she could model, win dog shows and agility contests – I just am not ready to share her with the world. But I will share her with you now…
Now how about you share three things I don’t know about you?