My first Catalyst experience was at Catalyst One Day in the spring of 2009. I obviously enjoyed it, as I have now been to 3 of their other events. Below is a post I wrote about that experience, “Making An Investment in Myself.”
Last Thursday, I attended Catalyst One Day with some folks from Cross Point. I was desperate to get out of the office, network, and have some professional leadership training. And Catalyst One Day was an investment I could afford to make in myself. And I am so glad I did!
Here are just a couple of reasons why:
The focus of the day was Momentum – something we all need to manufacture in these tough economic times. Here are just a few of the nuggets I walked away with:
- Momentum is NEVER triggered by tweaking something old. It is triggered by introducing something new.
- To reach more by doing less, you must focus on what no one else is doing — how can you reach the people that no one else is reaching? You must refuse to keep doing things based on false assumptions.
- Innovation is born out of limitation. Remember, if you have what you want, you might not see what you need.
- It is important to be more committed to your mission/vision than your tactics. “Don’t fall in love with a tactic and defend it forever. Instead decide once and for all if you are in market or not.” Seth Godin, The Dip
- Do the unthinkable. “If we got kicked out and the board brought in a new CEO, what would he or she do? Why shouldn’t we walk out the door, come back in, and do it ourselves?” Andy Grove, Only the Paranoid Survive
2. I had a wonderful time interacting with new friends. I love meeting new people, but I often get stuck in my comfort zone and don’t put myself out there. I made the trip with Jenni Catron, the Executive Director of Cross Point, and her little sister, Jessica. Our trip together was the perfect way to get to know them both on a deeper level.
Have you made any real investments in yourself lately?
If you live in Phoenix this might be just the opportunity for you…
Catalyst One Day is coming to Phoenix! Next Thursday, November 18 at Christ’s Church of the Valley in Phoenix, Arizona. Join Andy Stanley and Craig Groeschel for a one day leadership event focusing on the topic of Momentum. How to create it, how to sustain it, and how to implement systems and tactics in your organization that will fuel momentum on a continual basis. This practical leadership experience includes Q and A, dynamic worship and music, and a full day of practical insight from two of the principal voices on leadership in the Church today.
Visit www.catalystoneday.com to register to attend. Use special Rate Code ONEDAYAZ to receive a discounted ticket price of $99.
And Florida Folks, be sure to mark your calendars, there is a One Day for you in February…