A few months ago I was going on-and-on about the joys of Summer but I’ve got to be honest, I am READY for Fall. Who is with me?
I think that Fall is my favorite season. And it is sneaking up on us, as it always does in August. The summer sun is still ablazin’ but school is starting back and before we know it we’ll all be knee-deep in leaves.
Here are my 10 favorite things about Fall:
1. My Birthday – September 21st is the day and everyone better get ready! Because I am not afraid to celebrate the joy of my birth. I love birthdays, especially mine. I love my birthday because it is the only day, that I can selfishly celebrate myself. Okay, maybe the celebration lasts longer than a day 😉 But birthday festivities are so fun. I love gathering random groups of friends, eating cake, and hitting a honky-tonk or two.
2. College Football – I love college football. I don’t really know how to answer the obvious question, who do I root for? It’s kind of complicated. You see I grew up a raving Texas Longhorns’ fan. I attended the University of Colorado and cheered on the Buffaloes. Then I moved to Alabama and sort of picked up the University of Alabama habit (I’m not one of those people who hates the Aubs but I am certainly more inclined to yell “Roll Tide” than “War Eagle”). And now I live in the land of Commodores and Volunteers. What is a girl to do? I do the best I can and get through the season cheering for one team at a time.
3. Weather – Sometime late in September or early in October. The air starts to get this wonderful chill in it. And I am complete bliss. The sun still shines bright but mornings are crisp. It is simply perfect weather.
4. Foliage – One the weather turns, then the leaves start doing their thing. It’s heavenly. Simple trees instantly are transformed into works of art showcasing a vibrant color palette.
5. Fashion – Corduroy, Boots, Blue Jeans, Cashmere, Coats – do I need to say any more?
6. Thanksgiving – A great holiday (with some serious food) that serves as a yearly reminder that we are blessed and we have much to be thankful for.
7. Television – This might actually be what I am most excited about but somehow I couldn’t stand how shallow I seemed putting it at the top of the list 😉 But I LOVE fall television. All of my favorite characters return on Grey’s Anatomy, Brothers and Sisters, Private Practice, One Tree Hill, and Gossip Girl. And I can’t forget Top Chef – adore Top Chef!
8. New Moon – On November 20, the Twilight saga is back. I can’t wait to watch New Moon. I will be there (with all the screaming teenage girls) on the 20th don’t you worry! Seriously debating rereading it so I am in total geek mode come November.
9. Trips to the Mountains – I love the beach but if I had to pick between the beach and the mountains I would pick the mountains hands down. I feel this inexplicable peace when I am standing on a mountain top and breathing in the beautiful landscape below. Last year, I took a Fall trip with the family to Blowing Rock and Boone, North Carolina. I hope that we’ll make it an annual tradition. It refreshed my soul.
10. Did I Say College Football? Pretty sure I did, but it is very important so I thought I should mention it again.
What are your favorite things about Fall?