I went into Catalyst with some incredibly high expectations. And I did not leave disappointed. I left exhausted, like every ounce of me (body, soul and mind) was stretched to the absolute limit, but not the slightest bit disappointed. Brad Lomenick and his team have certainly figured out how to produce a WOW event.
As you can imagine, I need some time (like a year) to process everything I experienced, but here are some quick highlights:
- Hanging out with friends, new and old at Brad Ruggles’ Bloggers Meetup. The event was a wonderful testament to how powerful social media in building community.
- Hearing some strong and passionate Christian voices like Matt Chandler, Reggie Joiner, Andy Stanley, Dave Ramsey, Louie Giglio, and Priscilla Shirer. Each left their “mark” on me.
- Worshiping with 13,000 believers. One of the most moving moments of the entire conference was when Todd Fields led us in his beautiful rendition of It is Well.
- Spending time with my boss, Michael Hyatt, and his daughter, Megan, and the entire Cross Point Church staff. I am so blessed to have all these people in my life and I am thankful for every moment that they invest in me.
- Watching a grown man in a leotard dive (or more accurately perform a belly flop) from 35 foot high platform into a baby pool. Don’t take my word for it, you can watch it here.
And some quick pictures:
More details about Catalyst ’09 aka #cat09 to come. I promise.
If you attended, what were some of your highlights?